Microwave Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says cake has to take a while to bake? The microwave turns out a quick and spectacular version of this traditional thermal oven recipe!
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple rings, drained
- 7 to 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
What to Do
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the bottom of a microwave-safe 10-inch round cake pan or 9" x 13" baking dish; dot with butter. Microwave at 100% power for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir to distribute the mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan; top with pineapple rings arranged in a single layer then place a cherry in each ring.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs. Beat until well mixed. Spoon the batter into the pan and microwave at 70% power for 14 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let the cake stand for about 5 minutes. Loosen gently with a knife and invert onto a platter. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 326
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 4.0g 20 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.5g 7 %
- Cholesterol 57mg 19 %
- Sodium 292mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 49g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 35g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.