Quick Popcorn Stuffing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
And you thought the microwave was only handy for popping up snacks! Well, it does work well for that, but wait 'til you use it for cooking up this popcorn stuffing! You'll be a microwave convert, just like us!
What You'll Need
- 6 cups crumbled corn bread or corn muffins
- 4 cups popped popcorn (see Notes)
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
What to Do
- Coat a microwave-safe 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients; mix well then spoon into the baking dish.
- Microwave at 80% power for 8 minutes, or until the center is set. Cut into squares and serve.
One regular package of microwave popcorn yields 7 to 8 cups of popcorn. And you don't hae to throw away the unused popcorn. Save what doesn't go into the dressing, drizzle it with melted butter, and enjoy it with a movie after dinner.