We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This homestyle go-along sure pairs well with our favorite cuts of meat. And talk about fast... you won't believe you can 'bake' up such old-fashioned flavor so quickly!
What You'll Need
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
What to Do
- Coat a microwave-safe 9" x 13" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients; toss until the vegetables are well coated then pour into the baking dish.
- Microwave at 80% power for 12 to 13 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender; mix gently. Serve immediately.
This is a great dish to prepare in advance. Just slice the potatoes then dip them in a mixture of 1 quart cool water and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Drain, cover, and refrigerate until you're ready to put the dish together and bake it. Why dip the potatoes? 'Cause their flesh will being to darken once it's exposed to air.