Cheesy Breakfast Rolls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Breakfast lovers, rejoice! These Cheesy Breakfast Rolls are sure to become a new morning favorite. They're simple to throw together (even on the busiest of mornings) and feature some of your favorite breakfast foods, including eggs, bread, bacon, and cheese. Plus, you can easily switch up the flavors to suit the tastes of every family member.
What You'll Need
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut a 2-inch circle off the top of each roll, using a paring knife. Hollow out rolls, leaving 1-inch of bread around sides to create a bowl. Place on baking sheet.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter, add eggs and scramble, until set. Set aside.
- Sprinkle half the cheese evenly between the rolls. Place equal amounts of scrambled eggs over the cheese. Top eggs with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and roll is warmed through. Top with crumbled bacon and scallions. Serve immediately.
We made a variety of breakfast rolls, using different cheeses, and they were all tasty! Feel free to mix and match according to your family's favorites.