Christmas Morning Cinnamon Bun Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Picture it now: you're waking up on Christmas morning, still in your pajamas, and start the coffee before anyone else is awake. You want to make the perfect Christmas breakfast recipe for your family. That's when you throw together this easy peasy Christmas Morning Cinnamon Bun Pie. You know it'll be a big hit all around.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) butter, melted and divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (7 1/2 ounces) refrigerated flaky biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat the bottom of a deep-dish pie plate with 2 tablespoons melted butter; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts, sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle 1/4 of the walnut mixture over the bottom of the pie plate. Place the remaining melted butter in a small bowl.
- Separate each biscuit into 3 layers. Dip the biscuit pieces one at a time in the melted butter, making sure to coat each thoroughly.
- Layer 8 biscuit pieces in the bottom of the pie plate, completely covering the walnut mixture. Repeat the layers an additional 2 times. Top with the remaining walnut mixture and drizzle with any leftover melted butter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden and cooked through. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cinnamon bun pie, then slice into wedges. Serve warm.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 444
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 31g 47 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 64 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 4.3g 9 %
- Cholesterol 46mg 15 %
- Sodium 420mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 42g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g 6 %
- Sugars 30g 0 %