Cinnamon Walnut Cherry Oatmeal
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for an easy way to turn your oatmeal into something special? Our simple oatmeal recipe, Cinnamon Walnut Cherry Oatmeal, is just like a classic breakfast recipe you'd prepare early in the morning on a weekend vacation. Its combination of maple, cinnamon, and walnuts turns this oatmeal recipe into the perfect fall breakfast recipe.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
What to Do
- Combine milk, water, and dried cherries in a large saucepan; bring just to a boil over medium heat.
- Add oats, cinnamon, and salt to saucepan; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in maple syrup.
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls; sprinkle with walnuts.
I love this welcome change from sugary-sweet oatmeal! But if you wake up with a sweet tooth, simply increase the amount of maple syrup you use as desired.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 655
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 4.2g 21 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 21g 42 %
- Cholesterol 9.8mg 3 %
- Sodium 670mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 105g 35 %
- Dietary Fiber 13g 53 %
- Sugars 25g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.