Country Sausage and Biscuits
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some recipes are all about those down-home, comforting tastes, and our recipe for Country Sausage and Biscuits is no exception. You'll find yourself glued to your seat when this country-style dish is put in front of you!
What You'll Need
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (16-ounce) (16-ounce) tube hot pork sausage (see Note)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage and onion 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains, stirring to crumble the meat. Add flour; mix well. Add Worchestershire sauce, milk, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until gravy thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over biscuits.
- Make sure to use the hot pork sausage that comes in a tube, not hot Italian pork sausage from the meat case. Also, we suggest sprinkling on some chopped chives for an extra spark of flavor.
- If you use reduced-fat biscuits instead of traditional buttermilk biscuits, you'll save about 25 calories and 3 grams of fat per serving. Use turkey sausage instead of pork sausage and save about 145 calories and 14 grams of fat.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!