Creole Breakfast Crostinis
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Start your morning off right with this not-so-ordinary recipe that goes perfectly with a cup of coffee. Our recipe for Creole Breakfast Crostinis will have you full and ready to conquer your morning!
What You'll Need
- 1 (11-ounce) package meatless breakfast starters scramble
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 (8-ounce) French bread baguette
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- 1 (1.25-ounce) envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare breakfast starters with eggs according to package directions, adding the Creole seasoning.
- Cut bread diagonally into 4 (1-1/4-inch-thick) slices. Top bread slices with cheese, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, prepare hollandaise sauce mix according to package directions. Stir in mustard and remaining 2 ingredients. Top bread slices evenly with scrambled egg mixture. Drizzle evenly with Creole mustard mixture. Serve immediately.
This breakfast eye-opener can be made with either traditional eggs or egg substitute?it's delicious with either one. I like serving any extra Creole mustard mixture with fresh tomato slices (my favorite!) or over blanched asparagus and green beans.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.