Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
This is the easiest breakfast casserole you'll ever make. No, really. Thanks to some shortcut frozen ingredients, this Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole can be put together in no time. And since it's a make-ahead casserole, you can make it an hour in advance or even a day in advance!
What You'll Need
- 6 frozen waffles, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (9.6-ounce) package frozen sausage crumbles, thawed
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- maple syrup (optional)
What to Do
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Layer half of waffles on bottom of prepared dish. Top with half of sausage crumbles and 1/2 cup of cheese. Repeat layer.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, and salt until well combined. Pour egg mixture evenly over waffle mixture.
- Cover baking dish with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Before serving, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until eggs are set in center. Drizzle with syrup and serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This classic dessert is so special, it's worthy of being on a White House menu. Come to think of it...it was! This is one of the desserts that was served when former President Kennedy and his family hosted a luncheon for Princess Grace Kelly. The good news is, you don't have to be royalty to enjoy our White House Strawberries Romanoff!