Mexican Breakfast Bake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Loaded with tons of flavor, our Mexican Breakfast Bake is a great gluten-free option that is super easy to make and is perfect for a nice weekend brunch at home!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 6 (5-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over high heat, brown sausage until no longer pink, stirring to crumble; drain liquid.
- Place corn tortillas in prepared pie plate, overlapping and extending up sides. Evenly layer cheeses and sausage over tortillas.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, chili powder, cumin, salt, scallions, and cilantro. Slowly pour mixture over sausage.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is set. Serve immediately.
If you're not shredding your own cheese, check the ingredient labels of your packaged cheeses to make sure they're gluten free.
- For a gluten free dessert option, try our sweet and refreshing Peach Melba Parfaits!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!