Rosemary Biscuits & Country Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna get your gang to the table for breakfast? Just tell them you're making this classic Southern dish and they'll come runnin'! Our Rosemary Biscuits & Country Gravy are to die for, y'all.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 9 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 (16-ounce) package hot pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine self-rising flour and rosemary. Cut 5 tablespoons butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly; add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 or 4 times.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Place skillet in oven 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat or roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-inch round cutter. Remove skillet from oven and place dough rounds in skillet.
- Bake 14 minutes, or until just lightly browned. Melt remaining butter and brush over biscuits.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage 6 to 8 minutes or until no pink remains, stirring to crumble sausage. Add all-purpose flour; mix well. Add Worcestershire sauce and milk; mix well. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, or until gravy thickens, stirring constantly. Serve over biscuits.
If you don't have a cast-iron skillet, use a baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Wanna try another tasty biscuit option? Our Bacon Biscuit Cups are irresistible!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a twist on boring old salads? Our South-of-the-Border BBQ Chicken Salad is going to be a flavor loaded way to chow down on something light. This BBQ chicken salad recipe is simple, fast, and insanely delicious. One bit and you'll know what we mean!