Slice and Go Oatmeal
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Eating oatmeal is a great way to add a little health to your day, and with our non-traditional recipe for Slice and Go Oatmeal, you can make it "to go," so that your gang can enjoy it for breakfast or even as a healthy, quick snack.
What You'll Need
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
What to Do
- Coat a 5- x 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil. Stir in oats and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar and raisins.
- Pour oat mixture into loaf pan, cover, and chill at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Remove loaf from pan and cut into 1-inch-thick slices.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Cook oatmeal slices 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden and heated through, adding more butter as necessary.
- If you're eating this right away, serve topped with additional brown sugar or warm maple syrup.
- This is also a terrific make-ahead dish. When you're ready to serve it, you can just reheat a slice in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it's warmed through.
- You can even skip Step 5 and just microwave a slice when you're ready to enjoy it! This way, you can eliminate the butter.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 169
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 15 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.5g 5 %
- Cholesterol 11mg 4 %
- Sodium 339mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
With our recipe for 1 Minute Cinnamon Bun you can enjoy a cinnamon bun for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you want! All you need is a microwave, some easy ingredients from your pantry, and your favorite mug. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying a cinnamon bun that's all your own.
- Fried Cornmeal Mush
- Wake Up Air Fryer Avocado Boats
- All-in-One Breakfast Bake
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole
- Shortcut Fruit "Crepes"
- 18 Good Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Easy Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Rollups
- Homemade Donut Recipes: 8 Easy Recipes for Donuts
- Layered Amish Breakfast Bake