Apple Pecan Crisp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Apple Pecan Crisp is a definite favorite in our Test Kitchen. Maybe because the warm, sweet crisp melts the vanilla ice cream for the taste of old-fashioned comfort that everyone loves.
What You'll Need
- 5 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Vanilla ice cream
What to Do
- Place apples in a lightly greased 5- to 6-quart slow cooker; drizzle with lemon juice, and toss to coat.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 forks until mixture resembles coarse meal; sprinkle over apples.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 2 to 3 hours, until apples are tender. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve warm with ice cream.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.