Apple Pecan Crisp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Apple Pecan Crisp is a definite favorite in our Test Kitchen. Maybe because the warm, sweet crisp melts the vanilla ice cream for the taste of old-fashioned comfort that everyone loves.
What You'll Need
- 5 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Vanilla ice cream
What to Do
- Place apples in a lightly greased 5- to 6-quart slow cooker; drizzle with lemon juice, and toss to coat.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 forks until mixture resembles coarse meal; sprinkle over apples.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 2 to 3 hours, until apples are tender. Sprinkle with pecans. Serve warm with ice cream.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook 'em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now's the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill 'em, serve 'em, and devour 'em!