Apple Rice Crisp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing is more American than apple pie, so what about a spin on the classic dessert, by turning it into an Apple Rice Crisp? Top with ice cream and you've got yourself an All-American treat!
What You'll Need
- 4 apples, cored and sliced into wedges
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar (see instructions)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter or margerine
- 1/2 cup pecans (or your favorite nuts), chopped
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine apples, rice, lemon juice, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Spoon into a buttered, 9 x 13" baking dish.
- Mix together flour and remaining sugar; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in pecans and sprinkle over apple-rice mixture. Bake for 30 minutes, or until apples are tender. Serve warm plain or topped with ice cream.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!