We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Old World classic will make you feel like you're on a cruise along a winding European river! With all the traditional taste of a German-style strudel, our recipe for Apple Strudel uses a few shortcuts, like store-bought puff pastry, so you can get to enjoying in no time!
What You'll Need
- 1 sheet (from a 17.25-ounce package) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (20-ounce) can sliced apples, drained
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 egg, beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place pastry on a baking sheet and unfold. In a medium bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; mix well.
- Reserve 2 teaspoons sugar mixture. Add apples and raisins to remaining mixture; mix well. Let sit about 2 minutes; drain off any excess liquid.
- Spoon mixture down center of dough. Cut slits in dough 1 inch apart lengthwise down each side of filling. Brush each 1-inch dough strip with beaten egg and crisscross strips over filling. Brush top of pastry with remaining egg and sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm, or allow to cool before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 304
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 5.3g 27 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.5g 9 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 156mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 50g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.3g 13 %
- Sugars 31g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!