Banana Bread Roll
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
You can count on your whole gang going bananas over this Banana Bread Roll! This easy jelly roll-style banana bread features a cream cheese and vanilla filling that really pairs perfectly with the banana bread. You may want to make two of these!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- chocolate sauce for drizzling
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 10- x 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs 4 to 5 minutes, or until fluffy. Beat in granulated sugar, bananas, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Fold flour mixture into banana mixture until well blended, then pour batter onto baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and invert onto a clean kitchen towel that has been sprinkled with confectioner's sugar. While cake is still hot, roll it up jelly roll-style from the narrow end; cool on a wire rack. When cool, unroll cake and remove towel.
- In a small bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat 1 cup confectioner's sugar, cream cheese, butter, and remaining vanilla until creamy. Spread over top of cake, then roll it up again. Chill at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkle with nuts, then cut into 1/2-inch slices.
If you can't get enough of delicious recipes with bananas, then you've got to check out our collection of Irresistible Banana Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!