We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's so much to love in this easy homemade frosting recipe. Our Caramel Frosting is a great change-of-pace from your everyday chocolate, vanilla, and buttercream frosting. Give it a try for a surprisingly delicious new flavor on all your baked goods!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar and bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk, then return mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add confectioners' sugar and stir until smooth.
- This is perfect for topping cakes and cupcakes. Why, we've even used it on store-bought pound cakes. Our gang thinks we make the whole thing from scratch. We won't tell if you won't!
- Want even more frosting recipes? Check out our recipes for Mocha Frosting and Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting or browse through our entire collection of Homemade Frosting Recipes: 14 Frosting Recipes for Cakes, Cupcakes, and More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!