Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 Hr 42 Min
- COOK TIME
- 14 Min
If you love Amish recipes, then our Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies are going to put a hop in your step this summer! You won't believe how easy it is to make! Carrot cake mix is baked like a cookie and each delectable dessert has a fluffy cream cheese filling that will bring the feeling of summer into your kitchen. A new, carroty-flavored twist, on a classic Amish taste.
What You'll Need
- 1 (21.41-ounce) package carrot cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
What to Do
To Make Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine cake mix (see Note), oil, water, and eggs; beat well. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart. (Since "cakes" will be baked in batches, refrigerate batter until ready to place on baking sheets.)
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cakes cool slightly then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
To Make Cream Cheese Filling
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time until smooth.
- Turn half the cooled cakes over onto their rounded sides and spread a dollop of filling over them. Place the other half of the cakes on top of the filling, forming sandwiches. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Before You Start Cooking!
- Note: If your carrot cake mix comes with a packet of shredded carrots, make sure to add it to the batter!
- Check out our collection of Classic Amish Dessert Recipes!
- Our Classic Amish Casserole Recipes will be a hit with the family!
In Amish culture, land is usually kept within the family. However, what's interesting, is that it is the youngest son, as opposed to the eldest child, who inherits the land.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Calories 396
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.3g 7 %
- Cholesterol 47mg 16 %
- Sodium 219mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 79g 26 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 56g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!