Chocolate Almond Frozen Bananas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 3 Hr 45 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
A big favorite of yesterday was frozen bananas. They were sold at the ballpark, on the boardwalk, and even at the corner store. Now see how easy it is to make Chocolate Almond Frozen Bananas right in your own kitchen!
What You'll Need
- 3 large ripe (but firm) bananas
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
What to Do
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper.
- Cut bananas in half crosswise and place a skewer lengthwise through the center (cut side) of each half. When all banana halves are skewered, place on prepared baking sheet and freeze for 3 to 4 hours, or overnight.
- After bananas have frozen, place chocolate chips and shortening in a medium-sized glass bowl. Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes, just until chips are melted.
- Remove from microwave and mix until smooth. Add almond extract and almonds; mix well.
- Over the bowl of chocolate, hold each banana by the stick and spoon chocolate mixture over, evenly coating it. Allow excess to drip off. Lay again on wax paper and freeze for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Store in resealable plastic storage bags.
If you'd prefer to melt the chocolate on the stovetop, just place the chocolate and shortening in a medium saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring frequently. Do not allow mixture to burn. If wrapped tightly, these bananas can last for up to 2 months in the freezer.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have yourself a morning Greek feast with our recipe for Spinach Feta Scramble. Fluffy scrambled eggs, fresh veggies, and feta cheese make for a super colorful and egg-ceptionally delicious way to start your day. You'll love this flavorful way to enjoy scrambled eggs!