We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Is it a doughnut or a croissant? Well, it's sort of both! Our Creamy Croughnuts combine the best of both worlds with just 5 easy ingredients! Plus, we stuff ours with pudding to make 'em taste even better. (Hey, are you drooling already?!)
What You'll Need
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (4-ounce) container vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Colored sprinkles for garnish
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil to 325 degrees F. Separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Stack 2 rectangles on top of each other, then fold in half width-wise. Repeat with remaining 2 rectangles.
- Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut 1 round from each stack. Using a water bottle cap, cut a small hold in center of each round. Re-roll remaining dough to form third doughnut, cutting out in same way.
- Place doughnuts in oil and fry 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until deep golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels; let cool.
- Cut doughnuts in half horizontally. Spoon pudding evenly on bottom half of each doughnut. Place top half of doughnut over pudding.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Spread over doughnuts, garnish with sprinkles, and serve.
Feel free to change these up by switching up the pudding filling - chocolate, caramel, or even swirl pudding would be just as good!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Calories 1,042
- Calories from Fat 814
- Total Fat 90g 139 %
- Saturated Fat 17g 83 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.4g 7 %
- Cholesterol 0.8mg 0 %
- Sodium 650mg 27 %
- Total Carbohydrates 58g 19 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 34g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!