Dark Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's the secret to a chocolate lovers heart? How about a chocolate cake frosted with our Dark Chocolate Buttercream Frosting? Now that's what we call decadence!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
What to Do
- In a large bowl, blend the confectioners' sugar, butter, half and half, vanilla, and salt with an electric beater at low speed until well combined.
- Beat at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, until creamy. Add the cocoa powder, and beat until well combined. Add more half and half, if necessary, until the frosting reaches spreading consistency.