We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's back-to-school time, so why not have a little fun with the kids when they get home? They'll really "dig" making these Dirt Cups!
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (16-ounce) package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 10 (6- to 8-oz) plastic or paper cups
- Gummy worms and frogs, candy flowers, chopped peanuts, and/or granola for decoration (optional)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, whisk pudding and milk until smooth. Allow pudding to thicken 5 minutes, then stir in whipped topping and half the crushed cookies.
- Place 1 tablespoon of remaining crushed cookies into individual cups. Fill each cup three quarters full with pudding mixture, then top with remaining crushed cookies.
- Cover and chill about 1 hour before serving. Decorate as desired.
- You can crush the cookies by hand or in a food processor. To make Sand Cups, substitute vanilla pudding for the chocolate pudding and a 12-ounce package of cream-filled vanilla sandwich cookies or vanilla wafers, finely crushed, for the chocolate sandwich cookies. Use gummy worms and sharks and/or chopped peanuts for decoration.
- This recipe is part of our collection of cafeteria-inspired recipes. To check out more recipes that'll take you back to the good ole' days, click here!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!