The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
It's back-to-school time, so why not have a little fun with the kids when they get home? They'll really "dig" making these Dirt Cups!
What You'll Need
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (16-ounce) package cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 10 (6- to 8-oz) plastic or paper cups
- Gummy worms and frogs, candy flowers, chopped peanuts, and/or granola for decoration (optional)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, whisk pudding and milk until smooth. Allow pudding to thicken 5 minutes, then stir in whipped topping and half the crushed cookies.
- Place 1 tablespoon of remaining crushed cookies into individual cups. Fill each cup three quarters full with pudding mixture, then top with remaining crushed cookies.
- Cover and chill about 1 hour before serving. Decorate as desired.
- You can crush the cookies by hand or in a food processor. To make Sand Cups, substitute vanilla pudding for the chocolate pudding and a 12-ounce package of cream-filled vanilla sandwich cookies or vanilla wafers, finely crushed, for the chocolate sandwich cookies. Use gummy worms and sharks and/or chopped peanuts for decoration.
- This recipe is part of our collection of cafeteria-inspired recipes. To check out more recipes that'll take you back to the good ole' days, click here!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
We cant think of a better way to celebrate June is Dairy Month than by making a decadent, Italian style cheesecake that uses a collection of dairy aisle favorites.