We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These easy-to-make crepes are a dream come true! Stuffed with chicken or seafood for a main dish to remember - or with fresh berries, melted chocolate and a dollop of whipped cream - they'll make for a romantic dessert!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Vegetable oil for coating skillet
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 200 degree F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, melted butter, and eggs. Beat with an electric beater for 1 to 2 minutes then add milk and beat until smooth.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet with oil then heat skillet over medium-low heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto skillet, quickly tilting skillet to evenly coat bottom with batter. Cook 1 minute per side, until crepe is golden brown. Remove crepe to a heatproof platter and keep warm in oven.
- Repeat with remaining batter, brushing skillet with oil before adding batter each time.
- To serve, evenly divide strawberries down the middle of the crepes. Fold one side of each crepe over the strawberries then fold the other sides over. Drizzle with melted chocolate and top each with a dollop of whipped cream.
Crepes Anyone? Crepes can be more than just a dreamy dessert. Substitute 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon for the sugar and use a creamy chicken or seafood filling for a light lunch or brunch dish.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.