We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you'd call yourself a coffee lover, then you need to treat your taste buds to something truly magical with our Dreamy Tiramisu. Not only does it taste like you ordered it from a fancy Italian restaurant, but it's so easy to make, you won't even break a sweat in the kitchen! This recipe is an absolute dream till the very last bite.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8-ounce) containers mascarpone cheese (see Note)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 2 (3-ounce) packages ladyfingers (you may have a few extra)
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine water, coffee granules, liqueur, and vanilla; stir to dissolve the coffee, then set aside. In a large bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese and sugar until smooth; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold 1-1/2 cups of whipped cream into cheese mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Line the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish with ladyfingers, slightly overlapping to fit. Drizzle half the coffee mixture evenly over ladyfingers. Spoon half the cheese mixture evenly over ladyfingers.
- Layer with more ladyfingers and repeat with coffee mixture and cheese mixture. Spoon remaining whipped cream over the top and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Mascarpone cheese is a fresh Italian double cream cheese that is buttery smooth in texture and can often be found in supermarket deli departments. If it's not available, it's fine to substitute cream cheese beaten with a little milk, until creamy and smooth.
- Want more Italian dessert recipes? Try our Italian Cream Cake, or Nonna's Cannoli Poke Cake.
- Looking for something more tropical? Check out the great cruise-inspired recipes we shared as we sailed the Caribbean!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.