Easter Egg Cream Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Anyone who loves cute Easter desserts is going to go wild over these for Easter! These Amish-style whoopie pies are adorable, colorful, and perfectly sweet. Imagine displaying these yummy, colorful mini Easter Egg Cream Sandwiches in a basket or on a tray on your dessert table. You could even bring 'em along to an Easter dinner party as an awesome edible gift! These easy Easter desserts are sure to please everyone at your next Easter celebration.
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25-ounce) white cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 drop each red, yellow, and green food color
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and eggs; beat well. Divide batter into 3 separate bowls, then add a different food color to each bowl to make pastel red, yellow, and green cake batter; mix well. Drop tablespoons of batter onto baking sheets in an oval shape.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, combine milk and flour; cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it forms a thick paste. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat together sugar and shortening until fluffy; stir in vanilla then cooled flour mixture, and beat until doubled in volume. Turn half the cooled cakes over on their backs; spoon each with a dollop of filling. Cover with remaining cakes, forming sandwiches.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 270
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16g 25 %
- Saturated Fat 4.7g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.3g 5 %
- Cholesterol 29mg 10 %
- Sodium 157mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 23g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your momma's deviled egg recipe! We decided to give this recipe a Buffalo-style twist! That's right, we took all the classic flavors and added in some hot wing sauce! Top it off with some bleu cheese crumbles, and you better believe our Buffalo-Style Deviled Eggs will have everyone saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"