We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No need to head out to an expensive Italian restaurant to enjoy the tastes of a classic tiramisu. Our Test Kitchen has come up with an easy version that satisfies your cravings without a lot of work or expense.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package mascarpone cheese (see note)
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup brewed espresso
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 (3-ounce) packages ladyfingers
- 4 (1-ounce) bittersweet chocolate squares, grated
What to Do
- In a bowl using an electric mixer on high speed beat first 4 ingredients 30 seconds, or just until blended.
- In a small bowl, stir together espresso and rum .
- Arrange 1 package ladyfingers in bottom of a 3-quart bowl or trifle dish; brush with half espresso mixture. Layer half mascarpone cheese mixture over ladyfingers; sprinkle with half grated chocolate. Repeat layers. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Mascarpone is a soft, fresh triple-cream dessert cheese with a fluffy texture. It's often sold in plastic tubs, if you can't find it, substitute 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened; 1/3 cup sour cream; and 1/4 cup whipping cream, beaten until blended, for 16 ounces of mascarpone cheese.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!