Ginger Cocoa Crisps
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The great homemade taste of ginger snaps, with a chocolate twist.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1½ sticks) butter
- 1 cup sugar plus ¼ cup for rolling
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter; slowly add the 1 cup sugar, beating with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg, beating well. Stir in the molasses, then set aside. In another large bowl, combine the flour and cocoa, then stir in the baking soda, ginger, and salt; add to the molasses mixture, mixing well.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in the reserved 1/4 cup sugar. Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
Makes 2-1/2 to 3 dozen cookies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!