Last Minute Applesauce Dessert
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 (1/2-inch) slice of cake per serving, 2 tablespoons of applesauce
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Need a dessert in a hurry? Here's one that's super-quick and delicious, but the best part is... you don't really have to make anything! Just combine all the elements and you have a yummy dessert with a pretty presentation. That's why we call it Last Minute Applesauce Dessert!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 (1/2-inch) slices pound cake
- Whipped cream for garnish
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine applesauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and lemon juice; mix well.
- Toast pound cake slices until golden brown on both sides. Put on serving plates and top with applesauce mixture.
- Garnish with whipped cream and serve.
Check This Out!
- If you have some extra time, try making a homemade pound cake! Spoon the applesauce mixture over our Old Fashioned Pound Cake, or mix it up with one of our 10 Perfectly Pleasing Pound Cake Recipes!
- For more last minute desserts, try "That Cherry Stuff", or one of our Tempting & easy Trifle Recipes!
- Want more fun with apples? Try our Chunky Applesauce recipe, and for a dinner option try this Brady Bunch classic, Pork Chops & Applesauce!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!