Peaches Foster Shortcake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take advantage of a sale on fresh peaches and cook 'em up for this quick version of Peaches Foster Shortcake. It takes no time to whip up this fresh dessert that tastes like a kiss of summer.
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe fresh peaches, sliced (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup rum or orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 large biscuits (see Note)
- 1 cup whipped cream
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat brown sugar and butter until bubbly, stirring constantly. Add peaches and stir gently until peaches just begin to feel tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a cup, combine rum and cornstarch; stir mixture into peaches. Cook and stir until clear and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Place 1 biscuit on each of 6 dessert plates. Split biscuits crosswise and spoon half the peach mixture evenly over the bottoms. Replace the biscuit tops and spoon the remaining peach filling over them. Top with a dollop of whipped cream. Serve immediately.
- Use prepared refrigerated biscuits, or make your own by mixing 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1-1/4 cups heavy cream. Knead and divide into 6 balls. On a cookie sheet, pat each to form a 2-1/2- to 3-inch round. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F. until tops are golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Wanna know what else you can do with all the luscious peaches in the markets now? Try our Cookie Peach Cobbler for another tasty option!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a light and fluffy quick bread that's perfect for the holiday season. Our Razzle-Dazzle Raspberry Bread is studded with lots of sweet red raspberries. This bread is pretty enough and tasty enough to give as a homemade gift, but easy enough to make anytime you're craving a "razzle-dazzling" treat.