Peaches Foster Shortcake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Take advantage of a sale on fresh peaches and cook 'em up for this quick version of Peaches Foster Shortcake. It takes no time to whip up this fresh dessert that tastes like a kiss of summer.
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe fresh peaches, sliced (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup rum or orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 large biscuits (see Note)
- 1 cup whipped cream
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat brown sugar and butter until bubbly, stirring constantly. Add peaches and stir gently until peaches just begin to feel tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a cup, combine rum and cornstarch; stir mixture into peaches. Cook and stir until clear and thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Place 1 biscuit on each of 6 dessert plates. Split biscuits crosswise and spoon half the peach mixture evenly over the bottoms. Replace the biscuit tops and spoon the remaining peach filling over them. Top with a dollop of whipped cream. Serve immediately.
- Use prepared refrigerated biscuits, or make your own by mixing 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1-1/4 cups heavy cream. Knead and divide into 6 balls. On a cookie sheet, pat each to form a 2-1/2- to 3-inch round. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F. until tops are golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Wanna know what else you can do with all the luscious peaches in the markets now? Try our Cookie Peach Cobbler for another tasty option!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!