Pistachio Banana Wedges
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Now, here's a dessert you don't see every day! Make delightful Pistachio Banana Wedges as a quick snack or an elegant, no-fuss dessert for company.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pistachio nuts, divided
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, melted
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater, cream together the granulated sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat thoroughly.
- Gradually blend in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat in the mashed bananas and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the chopped pistachios. Spread the mixture into the pie plate.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Spread evenly over the top. Drizzle with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup pistachios.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 339
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 6.0g 30 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 6.7g 13 %
- Cholesterol 39mg 13 %
- Sodium 262mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 39g 13 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 21g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.