Romantic Dessert Garnish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have you ever wondered how restaurants make those fancy schmancy plate decorations? For a truly romantic dessert, serve slices of your favorite cake on plates you decorate yourself with no fuss.
What You'll Need
- 2 (12-ounce) bags frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (24-ounce) bottle chocolate flavor syrup
- Mint sprigs for garnish
What to Do
- Set aside 18 to 24 raspberries for garnish. In a medium saucepan, bring remaining raspberries and sugar to a boil over medium heat. Boil until sugar dissolves.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch. Stir into raspberries and simmer 2 minutes, or until thick enough to lightly coat a spoon.
- Push sauce through a sieve to remove seeds; discard seeds.
Here's the creative part:
- Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of raspberry sauce onto each of 6 rimmed dessert plates. Tilt each plate so that sauce completely coats its center.
- Place small, evenly spaced drops of chocolate sauce in a ring around outer edge of raspberry sauce. (It works best to tip bottle and let chocolate drip out. If you squeeze the bottle, the chocolate comes out too fast.) In a continuous motion, draw the tip of a sharp knife through the center of the drops, shaping each one into a heart.
- Place a slice of your sweetheart's favorite pie or cake, or even a big brownie or scoop of ice cream, in the center of your ring of hearts. What a special way to say, "I love you!"
For other tempting treats, download our Recipes for Romance: 30 Valentine's Day Desserts and Drink Recipes free eCookbook.