Shortcut Strawberry Shortcake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why spend all afternoon making strawberry shortcake when we can do it in minutes? Shortcut Strawberry Shortcake is shortcut recipe that makes shortcake a snap. Say that 10 times fast!
What You'll Need
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 1 quart strawberries, washed, hulled, and halved
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves, melted
What to Do
Place biscuits on a baking sheet and brush tops with melted butter.
In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon; mix well and sprinkle over tops of biscuits. Bake according to package directions and let cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat heavy cream and remaining sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Split biscuits. Divide strawberries equally over biscuit bottoms, reserving a few for garnish. Top with half of whipped cream, replace biscuit tops, then top with remaining whipped cream and reserved strawberries. Drizzle with strawberry preserves and serve.
- For a change of pace, replace the fresh strawberries with fresh blueberries and the strawberry preserves with blueberry preserves.
- If you enjoyed this strawberry dessert, be sure to check out our recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Pie!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.