Sun-Kissed Blueberry Crisp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The lemony touch in this blueberry crisp will brighten your day! Our Sun-Kissed Blueberry Crisp is the perfect summer recipe and great for sharing!
What You'll Need
- 1 (21-ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 stick butter
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine blueberry pie filling, blueberries, and lemon zest; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, and flour; mix well. With a fork, blend in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over blueberries.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Serve warm.
Want to make individual portions? Dig out those ramekins or small crocks! Fill them about 3/4 full with the blueberry mixture, finish them off with the topping, place them on a baking sheet, and bake. Just be aware the baking time will be shorter since they're smaller.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon custard pie was one of Honest Abe's favorites. His first taste of it came from Nancy Breedlove, the owner of a hotel he frequently stayed at. He loved her lemon custard pie so much, he asked her to share the recipe. Our version may not be exactly the one that's been used at the White House for years since, but it's still amazing!