Sweet Cherry Thing
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Make sure to leave room for this Sweet Cherry Thing! Your belly may be full but you won't want to miss out on this sweet, tart goodness.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (21-ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine crushed cookies and butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Press mixture into an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking dish (see Note). Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, stir together pie filling and almond and vanilla extracts in a large bowl; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar at medium speed wtih an electric beater until creamy; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into cooled crust. Top with pie filling mixture, spreading evenly. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Cut into squares to serve.
- After pouring the crumb mixture into the baking dish, place a large piece of plastic wrap over it, and press the crumbs into the dish. Remove the plastic wrap and your crust is evenly packed - no messy hands!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 513
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 29g 44 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 65 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 3.8g 8 %
- Cholesterol 63mg 21 %
- Sodium 225mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 61g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a big Christmas list, we've got a yummy, budget-friendly solution! Our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples are the perfect DIY Christmas gifts! Everyone will love the combo of ooey gooey caramel, sweet chocolate, and crisp apple, but want to know the best part? There's an unlimited amount of ways to decorate these!