We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
After those pre-dinner nibbles and the big dinner, there's still a tiny bit of room left for dessert. Better use it for our easy and tempting Yule Log. Go ahead, chop off a piece and enjoy!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 10- x 15-inch rimmed rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Gradually beat in granulated sugar, water, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and orange peel until well blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until smooth.
- Pour into rimmed baking sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle a clean kitchen towel with confectioners' sugar and invert cake onto towel; carefully peel off aluminum foil. While hot, roll cake and towel up jelly-roll style from narrow end and cool on a wire rack. When cooled, unroll cake, removing towel.
- In a medium bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, cocoa, butter, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla until creamy. Reserve 1/2 cup of frosting and spread remainder over cake. Roll cake up again. Spread reserved 1/2 cup frosting over outside of cake. Lightly score entire length of log with tines of a fork to look like bark.
- Chill at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Garnish this by making marshmallow mushrooms. Here's how to make each one: Simply flatten a mini marshmallow and attach an unflattened one to it with a bit of icing, as in the photo. Try sprinkling a little cocoa on top and arrange on top of log.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 279
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 3.7g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.7g 7 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 173mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 53g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 44g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!