Zesty Honey Crisps
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll love the big lemon taste with the hint of honey...so pucker up.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in honey, lemon rind, lemon extract, and vanilla. Add flour and salt; blend well. (If dough is too soft, refrigerate 30 minutes before rolling out.)
- With a rolling pin, on a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out cookies using a 2-inch round cutter and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Reroll dough scraps and repeat. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cookies are golden.
- Cool 2 minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make glaze by combining confectioners' sugar and fresh lemon juice and mixing until smooth. Drizzle glaze over each cookie.
Don't substitute lemon juice for lemon extract in this recipe!