Bubblin' Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Our Bubblin' Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler is a pipin' hot, perfectly cozy, flavor-packed dessert that no one believes is diabetic-friendly. But it is! It's a wonderful way to warm up everyone on a cold winter's night, or anytime you're craving something good and sweet, without the guilt of other desserts!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon light, fat-free margarine
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, rhubarb, and honey; mix well. Spoon mixture evenly into 5 (8-ounce) ramekins or oven-proof serving dishes.
- In a small bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and margarine until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. (This way, if the ramekins boil over, the tray will catch the mess.)
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until hot and tops are golden. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tips
- This recipe comes straight out of our Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites Cookbook! It's ADA approved and filled with over 130 diabetic-friendly recipes that the whole family will love!
- For more diabetic-friendly recipes, make sure to check out our sister site, Everyday Diabetic Recipes!
- Love our strawberry rhubarb recipe? Then you have to check out our Guilt-Free Apple Lovers' Coffee Cake and, for a hearty dinner recipe that is sure to impress, check out our Old-Fashioned Chicken 'n' Dumplings!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more decadent diabetic-friendly dessert recipes, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 116
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3g 2 %
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 2 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.8g 6 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 62mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.8g 15 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.