We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These sweet, lighter-than-air puffs used to be just for royalty, but now they're for everyone. It's a good thing too, because we love them! That's why we're whipping up some Homemade Marshmallows that are perfect for any marshmallow occasion; toast them for s'mores, plop them in a mug of your favorite hot coco, or just eat them as is. This Homemade Marshmallow recipe is going to change how you serve up sweets!
What You'll Need
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
What to Do
- Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water and let soak 5 minutes.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining 1-1/2 cups water and the granulated sugar; heat 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Add gelatin mixture and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, place in a large bowl, and allow to cool at room temperature until lukewarm.
- Add vanilla and with an electric mixer on high, beat mixture 5 to 7 minutes or until it becomes very thick and snow white. Pour into baking dish and let sit at room temperature 4 to 6 hours or until firm. Cut into 1-inch squares.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and cornstarch. In batches, toss marshmallow squares in this mixture until evenly coated. Store in an airtight container.
- Nothing goes better with marshmallows than hot chocolate; check out this recipe for our Old-Fashioned Hot Cocoa!
- For more warming drink recipes, try our White Hot Chocolate, or our Peanut Butter Cup Cocoa.
- And for you tea-lovers, we've got Zesty Butterscotch Tea!
- Plus, every comforting drink needs a little something sweet. Try these Shortbread Tea Cookies for a special treat!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 96
- Calories 28
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.3g 1 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 0.3mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 6.9g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 6.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit this Memorial Day Weekend! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!