Slow Cooker "Baked" Apples
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're using your favorite kitchen gadget to make this season's best dessert! You're going to love our Slow Cooker "Baked" Apples. They're a sweet and easy way to get your fix of apple and cinnamon. And since you just pop them in the slow cooker, all the work is done for you. Thanks to this easy slow cooker recipe, get ready for the best "baked" apples you'll ever have.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup apple juice or water
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 stick cold butter
- 6 apples (Granny Smith, Gala, Fuji, etc.)
What to Do
- Place juice or water in slow cooker; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well. Using a fork, cut butter into mixture until crumbly; set aside.
- Using an apple corer or knife, core apples about 1-inch in diameter, making sure not to cut through the bottom. Stuff each apple with oat mixture and place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours or on HIGH 2 hours or until fork tender. Serve warm (See Tip).
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!