All in One Kielbasa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Back in the old country, Polish kielbasa was a popular dinner staple. Our recipe for All in One Kielbasa combines this tasty, smoked sausage with sauerkraut and bacon to make a skillet dinner worth celebrating in the "new country," too!
What You'll Need
- 5 slices fresh bacon, or 4 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 (32 ounce) bag sauerkraut, drained (4 cups)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 pound kielbasa
What to Do
In a large skillet, fry bacon slices over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes, until crispy.
Remove from skillet, allow to cool, and crumble into small pieces in a small bowl.
Meanwhile, drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat from skillet, then add sauerkraut, mushrooms, and celery seed to skillet; add crumbled bacon and mix well.
Reduce heat to low and add whole kielbasa and simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until heated through.
Serve this cut into chunks with spicy coarse-ground mustard and enjoy!
- Easter Meat Pie
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Let’s Get Grilling!: 30 Easy Grill Recipes Free eCookbook
- Polish Sausage & Pierogi Foil Packs
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- Simple Sausage and Stuffing Meatballs
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- Beefy Noodle Roll-Ups
- City Hot Dog Guide
- Zippy Microwave Meatloaf