Corn Dogs and 'Taters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Crunchy, classic, and oh-so-yummy, these Corn Dogs and 'Taters are superb and definitely worth of a hearty "Ooh it's so good!"
What You'll Need
- 16 (8-inch) rounded wooden sticks
- 8 frankfurters
- 2 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1-pound)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Peanut oil
What to Do
- Insert a stick into each frankfurter, leaving about a 3-inch handle; set aside. Thread potatoes onto remaining sticks.
- Whisk together flour and next 5 ingredients; pour into a tall glass.
- Pour peanut oil into a large skillet to a depth of 1-1/2 inches; heat to 350 degrees.
- Dip frankfurters in batter, covering well. Fry frankfurters and potatoes, in batches, 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with mustard and ketchup, if desired.
If you're crunched for time, substitute an 8-ounce package of hush puppy mix and 3/4 cup milk or an 8-1/2 ounce package corn muffin mix, 1 egg, and 1/3 cup milk for the batter mixture. Whatever your choice, you'll have a surefire winner for your gang!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!