Corn Dogs and 'Taters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Crunchy, classic, and oh-so-yummy, these Corn Dogs and 'Taters are superb and definitely worth of a hearty "Ooh it's so good!"
What You'll Need
- 16 (8-inch) rounded wooden sticks
- 8 frankfurters
- 2 baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1-pound)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Peanut oil
What to Do
- Insert a stick into each frankfurter, leaving about a 3-inch handle; set aside. Thread potatoes onto remaining sticks.
- Whisk together flour and next 5 ingredients; pour into a tall glass.
- Pour peanut oil into a large skillet to a depth of 1-1/2 inches; heat to 350 degrees.
- Dip frankfurters in batter, covering well. Fry frankfurters and potatoes, in batches, 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with mustard and ketchup, if desired.
If you're crunched for time, substitute an 8-ounce package of hush puppy mix and 3/4 cup milk or an 8-1/2 ounce package corn muffin mix, 1 egg, and 1/3 cup milk for the batter mixture. Whatever your choice, you'll have a surefire winner for your gang!
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Polish Sausage & Pierogi Foil Packs
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- Easter Meat Pie
- Zippy Microwave Meatloaf
- Let’s Get Grilling!: 30 Easy Grill Recipes Free eCookbook
- NY Vendor Hot Dogs
- Simple Sausage and Stuffing Meatballs
- Cozy Mealtime: 16 Old-Fashioned Brisket Recipes and Pot Roast Recipes