Grilled Hot Dogs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When the sun's out to play, it's the perfect time to bring out the old grill and make those summertime classics! We've got the perfect Grilled Hot Dogs recipe, and a secret tip to make them that much better. Top these juicy dogs with your favorite condiments, and you're ready to eat!
What You'll Need
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
What to Do
- Fill a medium sauce pan halfway full with water and bring to boil over high heat. Add hot dogs to boiling water and simmer 3 to 4 minutes (See Tip).
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place hot dogs on grill and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through, turning occasionally.
- Open rolls, evenly spread with butter, and place cut side down on grill 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Place hot dogs on buns and serve.
Test Kitchen Tips!
- Did you know that boiling your hot dogs first makes them plump up during grilling? This little tip is going to step up your grilling game this summer!
- Before you serve these delicious dogs, make sure to top them with your favorite condiments, like our Pushcart Onion Sauce!
- Fun Fact: People around the United States eat hot dogs differently. Check out this City Hot Dog Guide to learn more.
- Hot dogs on the grill aren't complete without delicious burgers. Check out our Ultimate Hero Burger for the perfect summer burger recipe.
- When the hot dogs are gone, we've got Apple Pie on the Grill for dessert!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more outdoor recipes, check out this free eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.