Lucky Black Eyed Peas and Ham
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll be dishing out luck around the table when you serve your gang these black-eyed peas. Anyone served these delicious Lucky Black Eyed Peas and Ham is certainly a very lucky recipient!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Warm cooked rice
What to Do
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high. Add chopped onion, and saute 3 minutes.
- Add peas and next 4 ingredients. Bring to boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over warm cooked rice. Top with chopped tomatoes and sliced green onions, if desired.
Plan a special New Year's Day celebration with this recipe as the main dish. Don't forget to add some type of "greens" to bring financial rewards. Afterward, have everyone toss their New Year's resolutions and predictions into a basket; then draw at random, and guess who said what.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 281
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 33 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 1,563mg 65 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.5g 30 %
- Sugars 4.2g 0 %
- Root Beer Dogs
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- All in One Kielbasa
- Let’s Get Grilling!: 30 Easy Grill Recipes Free eCookbook
- Simple Sausage and Stuffing Meatballs
- Mini BBQ Meat Loaves
- Yummy Mummy Dogs
- Polish Sausage & Pierogi Foil Packs