Lucky Black Eyed Peas and Ham
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll be dishing out luck around the table when you serve your gang these black-eyed peas. Anyone served these delicious Lucky Black Eyed Peas and Ham is certainly a very lucky recipient!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Warm cooked rice
What to Do
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high. Add chopped onion, and saute 3 minutes.
- Add peas and next 4 ingredients. Bring to boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over warm cooked rice. Top with chopped tomatoes and sliced green onions, if desired.
Plan a special New Year's Day celebration with this recipe as the main dish. Don't forget to add some type of "greens" to bring financial rewards. Afterward, have everyone toss their New Year's resolutions and predictions into a basket; then draw at random, and guess who said what.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 281
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 16g 33 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 1,563mg 65 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.5g 30 %
- Sugars 4.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!