Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The corn dog is a festival favorite, and what makes Pronto Pup Corn Dogs stand out from the crowd is the flavorful batter they're hand-dipped and fried in. Our easy corn dog recipe will take your taste buds to the fair in no time!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup oil
- 6 (1 pound total) hot dogs
- 6 wooden skewers
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine pancake and cornmeal mixes, milk, egg, and ground red pepper; mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Place a hot dog lengthwise on each skewer. Roll hot dogs in pancake mixture, coating completely.
- Place coated hot dogs in skillet in batches and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until coating is golden and hot dogs are heated through. Serve immediately.
Pronto Pups are a brand of corn dog which have been sold at the Minnesota State Fair, other state fairs, and events throughout the country since 1941. Pronto Pups are different from regular corn dogs because the batter contains a blend of several different flours to create its widely popular taste. The dogs are hand-dipped and fried on location. The Pronto Pup company claims to have invented the corn dog in 1941.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you've got fresh peaches, it only takes a few ingredients to make something spectacular. This easy pie recipe is a slice of Southern heaven and best served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Everyone will be dreamy-eyed with full bellies when you serve our Peachy Keen Cream Pie.
- Zippy Microwave Meatloaf
- Simple Sausage and Stuffing Meatballs
- Let’s Get Grilling!: 30 Easy Grill Recipes Free eCookbook
- Polish Sausage & Pierogi Foil Packs
- Root Beer Dogs
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Yummy Mummy Dogs
- 20 Best Burger Recipes
- Bubblin' Beer Dogs
- Mini BBQ Meat Loaves