Root Beer Dogs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The original corn dogs, known as "Corny Dogs," debuted in 1942 at the Texas State Fair. Tasty Root Beer Dogs are an update of a classic recipe: They get their tasty twist from root beer soda, which makes the batter lighter and more flavorful.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups pancake and baking mix
- 1 cup root beer soda
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 8 hot dogs, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine pancake and baking mix and soda; mix well.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Dip hot dog chunks into batter, coating evenly, then place in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden on all sides. Place on a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with remaining hot dog chunks. Serve immediately.
- Serve these with your favorite mustard or mustard sauce.
- Oniony Polish Sausage
- Yummy Mummy Dogs
- Polish Sausage & Pierogi Foil Packs
- How to Make Meatloaf: 20 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes
- Dressed Up Weenie Wellingtons
- Let’s Get Grilling!: 30 Easy Grill Recipes Free eCookbook
- Easter Meat Pie
- Pronto Pups Corn Dogs
- Glazed Grilled Sausage
- Simple Sausage and Stuffing Meatballs