Zippy Microwave Meatloaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You won't need more than 30 minutes to whip up this tasty recipe for Zippy Microwave Meatloaf. Named for its jolt of flavor and its quick cooking time, this is an easy dinner recipe to whip up when you're in a bit of a time crunch! And who knew you could cook meatloaf in a microwave? Let us help you make weeknight dinners easy!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chunky-salsa
- 1 cup coarsely crushed ranch-flavored tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4-ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, salsa, tortilla chips, 1/2 cup cheese, the salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Pack lightly into a microwave-safe 9-x 5-inch loaf pan. Cook in microwave at 90 percent power 18 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the meatloaf and cook 2 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes; slice and serve.
Test Kitchen Tips
- This is great to serve surrounded by additional tortilla chips and topped with additional salsa and some chopped scallions. Have fun with it! If you're looking for an extra special side, try one of our Homemade Salsa Recipes!
- We can't get enough meat loaf! Some of our all-time favorite recipes are our Diner-Style Meatloaf, or our Old-Fashioned Meatloaf! We've even got a recipe that makes personal-sized suppers with our Muffin Tin Meat Loaves.
- You can be sure that some of our tastiest dinners are made with ground beef. Check out our Easy Weeknight Beef Dinners to see what we're talking about. You can always serve one of these dishes with a tasty side from our Super Easy Mashed Potato Recipes collection!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 407
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25g 39 %
- Saturated Fat 8.6g 43 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 26g 51 %
- Cholesterol 112mg 37 %
- Sodium 697mg 29 %
- Total Carbohydrates 19g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 2.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the root vegetables are on sale at your market, you've got to fill up a few bags, 'cause you're going to need them to make this recipe for Roasted Root Vegetables. Roasted vegetables are good as-is, but by tossing them in just a little olive oil and adding some basic seasonings, we really enhance their flavors!