Amish Harvest Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy Amish recipe is a farm favorite, made from ruby red tomatoes bathed in a tangy homemade marinade. Take advantage of your homegrown tomatoes, or the ruby red beauties at the Amish market, and team this healthy salad with any of your favorite main dishes. These Amish Harvest Tomatoes are sure to be a family-style hit.
What You'll Need
- 3 large tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into thin half-moon slices
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes and onion; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until sugar is dissolved. Pour over tomato mixture; mix well.
- Serve or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- To enjoy tomatoes at their best, store them at room temperature!
- Be sure to check out even more of our favorite Amish recipes in our free eCookbook, Welcome to Amish Country: 16 Easy Amish Recipes from Mr. Food.
- Another great veggie side dish? Why, we think you're going to love our classic Green Bean Casserole!
- If you liked this Amish recipe, be sure to try our Amish Beef Barley Soup!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!