Chilled Beet Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's really wake up ho-hum beets by making a salad that's popular not only in the South, but everywhere!
What You'll Need
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple in heavy syrup, undrained
- 1 package (4-serving size) strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 (8¼-ounce) can sliced beets, drained, finely chopped with 1/3 cup liquid reserved
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
What to Do
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the pineapple with its syrup and the gelatin; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish and chill for at least 4 hours, or until set. Serve, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.