Chilled Stacked Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a fresh and colorful way to stand out at the big summer potluck? Our Chilled Stacked Salad is an easy, make-ahead, layered salad that is perfect for fun-in-the-sun entertaining. The crisp ingredients and creamy textures layered on top of each other create a dance of flavor you'll want to be a part of. Basically, we know that once you start stacking, you'll never want to stop!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3-ounce) container real bacon bits
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well.
- In a large glass bowl (see Note), layer half the lettuce, then half the bell pepper, onion, corn, celery, mayonnaise mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers once more, then top with bacon bits.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving. Toss just before serving.
- Since this salad is a real show stopper and looks so colorful, make sure you serve it in a glass bowl so you can show off all the colors.
- Refreshing salads are always welcome! Why not try our Best Ever Tuna Pasta Salad?
- Want even more of the best potluck recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinners, and More.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 352
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 8.4g 42 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 24 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 709mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.8g 11 %
- Sugars 3.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Southern potato bake is comfort food at its best. You will love the creamy texture and rich flavors of this casserole, which is loaded with hash browns and Cheddar cheese. Everyone at your table is going to be asking for second helpings of this Southern hash brown casserole! Whether you serve this dish for brunch or dinner, it's sure to be a hit. And luckily, because it's so easy to make, you won't mind that your family asks you to make it again and again.