Every Mama's Favorite Cucumber Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have a lot of fresh cucumbers on hand? Every Mama's Favorite Cucumber Salad is a great go-along for any meal. You can throw it together in a jiffy.
What You'll Need
- 8 cups thinly sliced cucumbers (about 5 cucumbers)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or 1-1/2 teaspoons bottled chopped garlic)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or 1 to 2 tablespoons dried dillweed)
What to Do
In a large bowl, combine cucumbers and onion; set aside.
In a large saucepan, mix together vinegar, sugar, garlic, oil, salt, and water; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Pour mixture over cucumbers and onion; add pepper and dill and mix well.
- Keep refrigerated. Serve well chilled.
- This may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- We have even more delicious deli salad recipes in our free eCookbook, Simply Deli Salads: 28 Best Recipes for Macaroni Salad, Potato Salad & More.
- Plus, find out how you can turn those leftover cucumbers into pickles with our recipe for Homemade Microwave Pickles!
- For more simple Labor Day recipes, return to our collection page!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)